Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hot Dogs in Soup

This meal is so simple it doesn't really need a recipe, but it's worth mentioning in case you never thought of it! The only paleo "canned" soup I know of is True Primal's Grass-Fed Beef & Vegetable soup, which actually comes in pouches (even more convenient for backpacking!). See my review of their soup here. If you don't mind compromising, then there are other ideas on my post Paleo-Friendly(ish) Canned Soup Round-Up

For the hot dogs, Applegate Farms has a wide variety of organic, grass-fed beef hot dogs, as well as chicken and turkey. I don't know about all of them, but the kind I usually get, the "Great Organic Beef Hot Dog" is fully cooked already, so all it needs is a little heat.

One can of your favorite soup
2-4 grass-fed hot dogs

Open the can of soup and pour it into a pot.
Slice up the hot dogs and add to the soup.
Heat and eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment