- Green & Black's 85% Dark Chocolate - My favorite that I’ve found so far. It’s organic, fair trade, and doesn’t use soy lecithin as an emulsifier. Even still, it’s very smooth and just the right amount of sweet (at least for me!).
- Theo's 85% Ultimate Dark Chocolate - I'm from Seattle, so of course I have to rep the local business! Also organic, fair trade and soy-free!
- Theo's 70% Rich Dark Chocolate - If 85% is too much for you. Still organic, fair trade and soy-free.
- Theo's 70% Orange Dark Chocolate - I really love orange and chocolate together, and Theo uses orange oil instead of "natural" or "artificial" orange flavor.
- Salazon Chocolate Company's Organic Dark Chocolate with Natural Sea Salt - Chocolate and sea salt is my favorite combination, and this company specializes in exactly that. They have 4 different bars, all with large flakes of sea salt that they harvest from the South Atlantic. They also use 100% organic, Rainforest Alliance-certified cacao beans. They do use soy lecithin, though.
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Dark Chocolate Bars
I love chocolate. And I know I'm not alone. Chocolate bars are one of the most satisfying and convenient desserts on the trail. While writing this post I realized I could go on about chocolate bars for a long time, so these are just a few of my favorite.