Saturday, November 24, 2012

Dark Chocolate Bars

I love chocolate. And I know I'm not alone. Chocolate bars are one of the most satisfying and convenient desserts on the trail. While writing this post I realized I could go on about chocolate bars for a long time, so these are just a few of my favorite.
  • Green & Black's 85% Dark Chocolate - My favorite that I’ve found so far. It’s organic, fair trade, and doesn’t use soy lecithin as an emulsifier. Even still, it’s very smooth and just the right amount of sweet (at least for me!).
  • Theo's 85% Ultimate Dark Chocolate - I'm from Seattle, so of course I have to rep the local business! Also organic, fair trade and soy-free!
  • Theo's 70% Rich Dark Chocolate - If 85% is too much for you. Still organic, fair trade and soy-free.
  • Theo's 70% Orange Dark Chocolate - I really love orange and chocolate together, and Theo uses orange oil instead of "natural" or "artificial" orange flavor.
  • Salazon Chocolate Company's Organic Dark Chocolate with Natural Sea Salt - Chocolate and sea salt is my favorite combination, and this company specializes in exactly that. They have 4 different bars, all with large flakes of sea salt that they harvest from the South Atlantic. They also use 100% organic, Rainforest Alliance-certified cacao beans. They do use soy lecithin, though. 



7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! golden tickets mushroom bar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. Wavy bars

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information. Wavy bars

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts. choco shrooms

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here! buy dmt powder online

    ReplyDelete